Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Transparent Winform Control

I searched high and low (maybe I have not searched enough) but I cannot find a good solution for creating a control that can have transparent background. So I did some experiments, incorporated some of the ideas I happen to stumble on the net and at last I was able to create a user control that can have a transparent background. Cool! I updated my Code Project article to incorporate the transparency support.

If you want to check it out, click here. I welcome all comments specially when the rating that was given was low, because I want to know how else can I improve my solution.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing

Unknown said...

So is the form actually transparent or just the controls?

I actually made the form transparent once,,,forget how I did it.

Anonymous said...

i tried the sample, it's only the control. you'll notice it when you placed it over another control

Anonymous said...

Transparent Labels for Windows Forms